What a treat! 27 species are found nowhere else in the world (endemic), such as the fabulous Golden and Orange Doves (Bune or Bunako), three species of Shining-Parrots (Kaka), and the widespread Collared Lory (Kula) which is even found in town centres.
All for the taking within walking distance of your bure!
From F$1,735 per person
Matava Resort is remote, isolated and only accessable by boat. Surrounded by dense primary and secondary tropical and sub-tropical rainforrest, several village trails lead off the resort grounds providing ideal walks for Matava Resort is remote, isolated and only accessable by boat.
Guides are not necessary though advisable if you wish to travel deep into the bush.
Many birds can be seen within the resort grounds. All but one of the following pictures of land birds were taken by me, wandering around the resort with a little digital camera over the past few days.
A wide variety of habitats are just a few minutes walk from your bure from dense rainforrest to mangrove and reef flats.
We can advise guests on the best bird watching spots, and if required provide guides for excursions to the rainforest or mangroves.
- 7 nights in Oceanview Traditional Bure
- 2 guided birding treks to try to bag all 4 of the Kadavu endemics, and other Fijian endemics
- 1 dedicated guided boat trip to explore mangrove and sea bird sites
- Complimentary snorkel gear and unlimited snorkeling on our beautiful house reef at The Critter Junction
- Traditional Lovo Feast and Kava ceremony
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited tea/coffee)
F$2,260 per person
Other Package Options
- 6 nights – F$2005
- 5 nights – F$1735
- 4 nights or less see guide / ask for a quote